Award announcements will be made throughout the spring. Awards can be shipped to advisers or picked up in Lansing.
Award Certificate Preferences
If you need to pay for shipping fees for Spartan plaques or need to purchase honor cords, you can do so below.
- Non-contact pickup of any award certificates, plaques or honor cords is available in Lansing. Contact MIPA Executive Director Jeremy Steele for more information. There is no additional charge for pickup orders.
Free shipping options:
- Individual Category Contest certificates will be shipped to schools at no additional cost to MIPA members. We will include all certificates from your school in the same package, but we’ll sort certificates within the package by program for schools with multiple media programs. Whenever feasible, we will bundle certificates with other items you may order. Shipping will generally not start until all of MIPA’s major awards are announced.
- If you do not want paper certificates, upon request we can provide you with a digital file of award certificates instead.
- If we have any 2019-20 award certificates, we will include those in your package.
- Student Journalist Staff plaques will be shipped to schools, if the school is operating in person. If a school is operating remotely – or if a student is not attending in-person classes – we will ship plaques directly to the student at no charge.
Shipping fees are charged for the following:
- Spartan Critique Plaques: MIPA will ship Spartan Award plaques to the school, via UPS Ground. We prefer to ship to schools rather than residential addresses whenever possible. Cost: $10
- Honor Cords: 10% shipping and handling fee for honor cord orders, with a minimum fee of $5 and maximum of $10. Orders are shipped UPS Ground. We prefer to ship to schools rather than residential addresses.
- We bundle shipments whenever possible. If you have plaques and honor cords to be shipped, please contact the MIPA office so we can put together a custom order quote that combines shipping costs.