Deadline: Feb. 16, 2018
MIPA’s Administrator of the Year award recognizes administrators who have shown strong interest in and support for scholastic journalism.
Nominations must be received by the MIPA office by the deadline indicated above.
Selection is based on a portfolio, which should include letters and other documentation that illustrate support for the journalism program, adviser and students. You will upload these documents using the below form. Portfolios should be specific and should address the following areas:
- Awareness of current issues in journalism
- Journalism’s place in the curriculum
- Understanding of the role of secondary administrators in journalism curriculum
- Allowing students press freedom
- Encouragement of academic and professional growth
- Personal support and encouragement
- Each member school may nominate one person for this award.
Please include high-resolution photo of the administrator.