Learn how to create compelling video stories, become an on-air talent or hone your broadcast skills in MIPA’s Broadcast Boot Camp. This class is open to all students, regardless of prior experience. You will take on a role in our broadcast team based on your experience level and interests.
BROADCAST BOOT CAMP
Broadcast Boot Camp – Instructor: TBA | Learn about MIPA’s instructors
Work in front of the camera and the behind the scenes as you produce a daily news show for the MIPA Summer Journalism Workshop. You’ll gain on-the-job production skills to build story packages, develop an on-air presence and produce a TV broadcast.
- Choose Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced track based on your experience
- Produce a daily news show for MIPA workshop attendees
- Learn how to use a camera to deliver basic news stories
- Use proper lighting techniques, audio recording and tripods to make packages look professional
- Record all aspects of a package, including interviews, b-roll, stand ups and voiceovers
- Hone broadcast writing skills by writing copy for the spoken word
- Practice personal presentation including on-air persona, stand-ups, live updates, etc.
- Learn how to operate a switcher and professional broadcast equipment
- Meet with real-world professionals to learn what it takes to navigate a broadcast studio and potential career
PODCASTING, AUDIO STORYTELLING & RADIO
Podcasting, Audio Storytelling & Radio – Instructor: Jeremy Whiting | Learn about MIPA’s instructors
Watch MIPA Today!
Are you an experienced member of your student media staff or just graduated from high school?
You might be interested in joining the staff of The Upstart, MIPA’s workshop student media outlet. Get great hands-on experience and learn the latest trends in journalism.