MIPA is proud to work with the Michigan State University School of Journalism to offer graduate-level classes and other training for scholastic journalism advisers. Follow these simple steps to register for classes.
TO ENROLL FOR
Enroll as an MSU student & activate your MSU NetID
If you are in the journalism master’s program or have taken a class as a Lifelong Ed student within the past year, skip to Step 2.
- Click here to enroll as a Lifelong Education student at Michigan State University. This is essential if you are not already an MSU student or if you have not taken a class as a Lifelong Ed student for the past year. MSU will issue you a student number (known as a PID).
- Create & activate your MSU Net ID. You will log into MSU’s online course system with your NetID. MSU also will create an @msu.edu email account with your NetID.
- If you already have an active MSU NetID, go to step 2.
- Activate your new MSU NetID (so you can receive and pay your tuition bill). You need your PID and PAN. You will get these after you register through Lifelong Ed. It takes a few days to get this, so please do it soon.
Tell us you want to take a class.
Complete the below form OR email Jeremy Steele to let him you’re interested in taking the class. List your PID (student number) if you have received it from the university.
We’ll enroll you in your class
Once you have your PID and your MSU NetID is activated, we’ll be able to enroll you in the adviser class of your choice. If you haven’t already told us, please email your PID to Jeremy Steele.
Pay your tuition bill
NOT FOR CREDIT
Create an MSU Community ID
Anyone who wants to take a noncredit course from MSU must have an MSU Community ID. This will allow us to give you access to MSU’s online course system.
- Create your MSU Community ID here. You will be asked for an email address, which will become your user name.
Tell us you want to take a class
Complete the below form OR email Jeremy Steele to let him you’re interested in taking the class. Include the email address that you used to create your MSU Community ID.
We’ll sign you up
We’ll need your MSU Community ID, if you haven’t already sent it to us.
Pay the noncredit course fee
We must receive payment before we can give you access to the online course system.
Make payment by check or credit card:
- Need an invoice? Email us and we’ll send one to you or your school.
- To pay by credit card, make a payment using the School of Journalism’s Noncredit Course CASHNet Store.
- To pay by mail, send check, payable to Michigan State University, for $425 per class to:
MIPA Adviser Course
Michigan State University School of Journalism
404 Wilson Road, Room 305
East Lansing, MI 48824