MIPA workshop participants:
Send your photo to us so we can make you an official MIPA Summer Journalism Workshop news media badge. Participants will receive their badge at check-in. We must have your photo at least 7 days prior to the start of the workshop to make your media badge.
Here are some tips to get started:
- Get someone you know to take your photo, or use a school photo!
- Have a plain background.
- Stand a few feet away from any wall.
- Have your photo taken somewhere with good natural light.
- Look directly at the camera.
- Smile if you like, or not. That’s up to you.
- Have the photographer stand close to you. We need a photo of your full head, from the shoulders up.
- Any camera will do, but please send us your photo at its full, original file size! No need to edit the file in any way. We’ll take care of that.
- Please don’t send a selfie shot. We don’t want to see your arm, or any selfie faces.
- Don’t grab a photo from your social media accounts. Those images are optimized for screens and often print blurry or pixelated on paper. Get a photo directly from your photo album instead!
- Avoid photos where you’ve cropped other people out of the shot.
- Don’t stand in front of windows, lamps or other light sources. That results in backlighting and we probably won’t be able to see your face clearly.
- Don’t cover your face in any way. Please, no sunglasses or hats that may shadow or obscure your face.
- No props or hand gestures. We just want to see your face.