MIPA workshop participants:
Send your photo to us so we can make you an official MIPA Summer Journalism Workshop news media badge. Badges will be mailed to students in workshop welcome packets. We must have your photo at least 7 days prior to the start of your workshop session to include a media badge in your welcome packet.
Here are some tips to get started:
- Get someone you know to take your photo, or use a school photo!
- Have a plain background.
- Stand a few feet away from any wall.
- Have your photo taken somewhere with good natural light.
- Look directly at the camera.
- Smile if you like, or not. That’s up to you.
- Have the photographer stand close to you. We need a photo of your full head, from the shoulders up.
- Any camera will do, but please send us your photo at its full, original file size! No need to edit the file in any way. We’ll take care of that.
- Please don’t send a selfie shot. We don’t want to see your arm, or any selfie faces.
- Don’t grab a photo from your social media accounts. Those images are optimized for screens and often print blurry or pixelated on paper. Get a photo directly from your photo album instead!
- Avoid photos where you’ve cropped other people out of the shot.
- Don’t stand in front of windows, lamps or other light sources. That results in backlighting and we probably won’t be able to see your face clearly.
- Don’t cover your face in any way. Please, no sunglasses or hats that may shadow or obscure your face.
- No props or hand gestures. We just want to see your face.