Learn about our 2022 workshop! Registration is now open.
The 2022 MIPA Summer Journalism Workshop runs from Sunday, July 31, to Thursday, Aug. 4. This is an in-person, residential program. Program fees include housing in a university residence hall and meals in the cafeteria. Space in our workshop course is limited.
Steps to Register
Click on each item below to learn more about all three required steps in the registration process.
Step 1: Choose Your Course (click to expand)
Choose a workshop course from the list below. Click the Register button, add a ticket to your shopping cart and complete the online registration form. Proceed to checkout. See Step 2 for payment options.
Step 2: Make a Payment (click to expand)
A $40 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold a spot in one of our courses. This deposit is applied to your registration fee. Registrations after June 30 include a $30 late registration fee. If you are registering after June 30, please pay the full fee at registration.
Please pay any remaining balance due by July 1 to avoid a late fee. Participants will not be allowed to check in unless registration fee is paid in full.
Additional important payment information:
- Payment options
- You may pay the entire fee during checkout. We accept payments by credit card, check or via school purchase order.
- To pay ONLY the deposit now — and the remaining balance later — follow these steps:
- At checkout, choose “Request an Invoice/Pay via Purchase Order” as your payment method. Complete your checkout. You will receive an email confirmation.
- Next, go to https://mipamsu.org/payment to pay the required deposit via credit card, or mail a check to MIPA. Make any future payments via credit card at https://mipamsu.org/payment or via check mailed to MIPA.
- We will provide occasional updates via email about any remaining balance due.
- Are you running a SponsorMe campaign to raise money toward your registration fee?
- At checkout choose “Request an Invoice/Pay via Purchase Order” to avoid paying anything at the time of registration.
- We’ll periodically apply the money you’ve raised to your balance due and give you an update.
- You can make partial payments at any time at https://mipamsu.org/payment.
Step 3: Complete the permission forms (click to expand)
MIPA will contact the participant and parent before the start of our program with information on how to complete required permission forms. These forms will need to be completed and returned to us before participants are allowed to check in.
Questions about registering?
- Call MIPA at 517-353-6761
- Email us at email@example.com
Select a Course
Students may enroll in only one workshop course.
MIPA’s nationally known writing expert teaches you how to break all the rules to create work that demands to be read. For more experienced writers.Register Learn More About This Course
Our award-winning team of professional photojournalists and journalism educators will show you how to become a stronger visual storyteller while mastering your camera.
Beyond the Basics
Photographers with little training or who don’t regularly use the manual settings on their camera should explore Beyond the Basics.Register Learn More About This Course
Shoot Like a Pro
More experienced photographers who understand and use the manual settings on their camera should explore Shoot Like a Pro.Register Learn More About This Course
Questions? Need assistance selecting a workshop course? Contact us