Our classes meet LIVE online
Classes may run during the first session, during the second session or during a combined two-week session. Students may enroll in up to one class for each session.
- Session 1: July 19-23, 2021
- Session 2: July 26-30, 2021
Design & Layout
- InDesign for Newspaper: Newspaper design, from learning the software to the fundamentals of good design. Session 2
Writing & Reporting
- Journalistic Storytelling: Journalism for students who joined their school staff in the past year or so, and for those just getting started in journalism. Session 1
- The Bobby Hawthorne Experience: Advanced journalistic writing techniques taught by a nationally known writing expert. Session 2
- Photography – Beyond the Basics: An introduction to photojournalism and camera controls. Session 1
- Advanced Photography – Shoot Like a Pro: Photojournalism for those who already shoot in manual mode. Session 2
Broadcast & Podcasting
- Broadcast Boot Camp: Bring your video work to the next level while learning remote broadcasting skills the professionals use.
- Podcasting & Audio Storytelling: Learn skills and techniques to create your own professional quality podcast. Session 1
Reporting for Digital Media
- Social Media Journalism: Develop your skills and a solid social media plan that will meet readers on various platforms and bring them to your website, publication or broadcast. Session 2
- Yearbook Essentials: Improve your writing and design to be a stronger yearbook staff member. Session 1
- Best Theme Ever: Prepare your 2020-21 yearbook for success! Session 2
Schedules for individual classes may vary slightly, but are based on these general meeting times. All times are Eastern. Instructors take regular breaks throughout the day.
- 10 a.m.-Noon: Class Session
- Noon-12:45 p.m.: Lunch Break
- 12:45-4 p.m.: Class Session
- 7-8:30 p.m.: Lab Period or Student-Instructor Meetings