Shipping options for MIPA award certificates and plaques
Award announcements will be made throughout the spring. Awards can be shipped to advisers or picked up from the MIPA office in East Lansing.
Award Certificate Preferences
If you need to pay for shipping fees for Spartan plaques or need to purchase honor cords, you can do so below.
- Pickup of any award certificates, plaques or honor cords is available from the MIPA office, on Michigan State University’s campus. Contact MIPA Executive Director Jeremy Steele to arrange for a pickup time. There is no charge for pickup orders.
Free shipping options:
- Individual Category Contest certificates will be shipped to schools at no additional cost to MIPA members. We will include all certificates from your school in the same package, but we’ll sort certificates within the package by program for schools with multiple media programs. Whenever feasible, we will bundle certificates with other items you may order. Shipping will generally not start until all of MIPA’s major awards are announced.
- If you do not want paper certificates, upon request we can provide you with a digital file of award certificates instead.
- Student Journalist Staff plaques will be shipped to schools, if the school is operating in person. If a school is operating remotely – or if a student is not attending in-person classes – we will ship plaques directly to the student at no charge.
Digital certificate options
- PDF Certificates: Advisers may choose to get Individual Category Contest award certificates in a PDF file instead of receiving paper certificates. (We’re sorry, but due to limited staff resources we cannot provide both PDF and paper certificates.) Our certificates are designed to print on standard 8.5×11 letter size paper. Complete the form above if you would like PDF certificates.
- Digital Badges: We’ve created a digital badge for contest winners as part of our MIPA Badges program. These badges come with verified credentials via the Open Badges framework and students can share their badges via social media, include them in online portfolios or add them to email signatures. We will need students’ email addresses to be able to issue them a badge. Students will be able to submit their own information to MIPA to receive a badge. Learn more
Shipping fees are charged for the following:
- Spartan Critique Plaques: MIPA will ship Spartan Award plaques to the school, via UPS Ground. We prefer to ship to schools rather than residential addresses whenever possible. Cost: $10
- Honor Cords: 10% shipping and handling fee for honor cord orders, with a minimum fee of $5 and maximum of $10. Orders are shipped UPS Ground. We prefer to ship to schools rather than residential addresses.
- Shipping Directly to Students: If you have students who are not in your building, we can ship directly to them for you. We do, however, charge for these shipments. Please contact the MIPA office for details.
- We bundle shipments whenever possible. If you have plaques and honor cords to be shipped, please contact the MIPA office so we can put together a custom order quote that combines shipping costs.
Ship to Adviser or School Options
Options to Ship to Students