Deadline to Enter: 3 p.m. Friday, May 6, 2022
MIPA’s Special Projects contest recognizes work created for a MIPA member student media program that goes beyond the regular work of that program. Such projects typically do not fit the criteria for MIPA’s other contests throughout the school year. The project can be either created by an individual or a staff and might include stationery, brochures, flyers, posters, logos, buttons, information graphics, video, special website, event programs, special editions or special programs, promotional campaigns or any any other work completed to support a student media program.
Special Projects Contest Rules
- Entry must be uploaded by 3 p.m. on the deadline using the entry submission form.
Cost: $3 per entryFree for 2022!
- Limit 1 entry per MIPA member student media program Renew or Join
- Provide a short description of the entry including how it was produced and benefited the student media program.
- Entries may be published by MIPA in its newsletter, online or via social media.
- Video or audio content should be uploaded to a video/audio file sharing service or website. Submit a URL to your entry using the contest entry form.
- Entries that cannot be accessed by the judges will be disqualified. This means that if your website or third-party file sharing service goes down, or if your content is locked behind a password, we cannot judge your entries.
- Use of copyrighted music, artwork, videos or other materials without written permission of the copyright holder may violate U.S. law and MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy. Entries that violate MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy will be disqualified.
- If music is used in the entry, you must submit a list of track titles used along with the name of the library/collection from which you obtained the music. You may provide this information either in a name-slate/title card in the video or via the entry form.
Entries will be evaluated on overall quality and scope of work, how well the entry showcases journalism and media student skills, and how the entry supports the work and mission of the media program.
Are you ready to submit an entry for this contest?
(Don’t forget to also pay entry fee. You’ll get a chance to do so when you submit your entry. But you can also pay the entry fee at any time below.)
Pay Entry Fee
You may pay entry fees by check, purchase order or credit card. Payment by checks or purchase orders should be postmarked by the submission deadline. Credit card payments should be completed by the deadline. If your school is slow to process checks or purchase orders, plan ahead. You can always pay fees before you submit your entries. Entry fees are waived for 2022!