- Submission deadline: 11:59 p.m. May 3, 2017
MIPA’s Special Projects contest recognizes work created for a MIPA member student media outlet that goes beyond the regular work of that student media outlet. Such projects typically do not fit the criteria for MIPA’s other contests throughout the school year. The project can be either created by an individual or a staff and might include stationery, brochures, flyers, posters, logos, buttons, information graphics, video, special website, programs, special editions or any any other work completed to support a student media outlet.
- Entry must be uploaded to MIPA’s contest system in a digital format.
- Entry should be uploaded via the student media adviser’s Submittable account.
- Cost: $3 per entry
- Limit 1 entry per student media outlet
- Provide a short description of the entry including how it benefited the student media outlet.
- Entries may be published by MIPA in its newsletter, online or via social media.
- Video or audio content should be uploaded to a video/audio file sharing service or website. Submit a URL to your entry using the contest entry form.
- Entries that cannot be accessed by the judges will be disqualified. This means that if your website or third-party file sharing service goes down, or if your content is locked behind a password, we cannot judge your entries.
- Use of copyrighted music, artwork, videos or other materials without written permission of the copyright holder may violate U.S. law and MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy. Entries that violate MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy will be disqualified.
- If music is used in the entry, you must submit a list of track titles used along with the name of the library/collection from which you obtained the music. You may provide this information either in a name-slate/title card in the video or via the entry form.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
In the Spring Contests menu, select from one of the following two options for the category you wish to enter:
- Pay Now – You will provide credit card information for each entry you submit.
- Pay by Invoice – Submit your entry, and then request an invoice for this and other contest entries to pay together.
- Mail payment to: MIPA, MSU School of Journalism, 404 Wilson Road, Room 305, East Lansing, MI 48824
PAY ENTRY FEES
You may pay entry fees by check, purchase order or credit card.
Payment by checks or purchase orders should be postmarked by the submission deadline. Credit card payments should be completed by the deadline. If your school is slow to process checks or purchase orders, plan ahead. You can always pay fees before you submit your entries.