The Michigan Interscholastic Press Association is looking for an exceptional MSU student to serve as an office assistant.
MIPA is a nonprofit organization composed of Michigan scholastic journalism teachers and student media advisers and their students. The organization is committed to promoting and recognizing excellence in journalism at all levels through education, training and support of student journalists and their advisers. MIPA is housed in MSU’s School of Journalism.
The office assistant serves a critical role in MIPA’s operations, working with the executive director and other student employees to run programs, manage membership and support student journalism activities in Michigan.
- Oversee office activities and work with other student employees to complete projects.
- Assist with planning and coordinating MIPA events, including conferences, workshops, meetings, contests, etc.
- Input all event registration materials into databases.
- Process, input, and organize contest entries.
- Prepare all individual award materials, including printing, organizing and distributing.
- Assist with creating promotional materials for the organization, including writing, editing and designing.
- Process financial paperwork (creating check requests, sending payment invoices and receipts, preparing bank deposits, processing budget category disbursement reports, etc.)
- Maintain daily office duties, including answering the phone, handling mail and managing supplies.
- MIPA’s office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- The office assistant typically works 15-20 hours per week
- Daily hours are flexible to work around class schedules
- Our student staff works in the MIPA office throughout the year, including summer
- Must be enrolled as an MSU student this fall. Open to all majors.
- Experience setting up, updating and working with technology equipment is a plus.
Send a resume, references, copy of your fall and spring class schedules, and a cover letter detailing how you best fit MIPA’s needs to:
Jeremy Steele, Executive Director
Michigan Interscholastic Press Association
404 Wilson Road, Room 305
MSU School of Journalism
East Lansing, MI 48824
Applications will be considered until an exceptional candidate is found.