If you attended the MIPA Summer Journalism Workshop in 2014, you could be awarded a $2,000 scholarship to attend Michigan State University!
Michigan students who will enter 8th, 9th or 10th grades following their involvement in our journalism workshop are eligible to apply for a $2,000 Pre-College Achievement Scholarship. A maximum of 60 scholarships are awarded by MSU each year to students who attend designated precollege programs. Students are only eligible to compete for this scholarship once during their time in grades 8-10. If awarded, the scholarship will be applied toward the student’s first year at MSU as a degree-seeking student. Scholarship recipients are not guaranteed admission to MSU and are expected to meet admission requirements following their junior year of high school.
MIPA may nominate up to 5 percent of summer workshop participants in these grades to compete for this scholarship.
2014 Application Must Be Received by the MIPA Office by Oct. 31
How to Apply
Download the 2014 MIPA Precollege Scholarship Nomination Packet (PDF). Submit the following materials to MIPA:
- Completed MIPA Precollege Scholarship Application Form
- Academic release form signed and dated by a parent or guardian
- Academic transcript (report card is acceptable) with cumulative grade point average from the most recently completed academic year
- Nominee’s application question responses (limited to the space provided on the front side of the form included in the nomination packet)
- Teacher recommendation in a sealed/signed envelope
Mail completed application to:
MIPA – Precollege Scholarship
MSU School of Journalism
404 Wilson Road, Room 305
East Lansing, MI 48824
Contact the MIPA office at 517-353-6761 or [email protected].
For information about other scholarships at Michigan State University, visit the MSU Admissions office Web site.