2013 POSTMARK DEADLINE: Feb. 15
Your newspaper (three issues) along with the application form will be sent to an out-of-state judge who will evaluate your publication against the standards provided by MIPA in its evaluation booklet.
Winners of the Spartan Award will be announced at the Spring Conference at the Lansing Center. The judging booklet will be returned at the Spring Conference. Newspapers are only returned if annotated. Contact the MIPA office if you have any questions.
- You must send in three (3) issues of your newspaper along with the entry form. These do not have to be consecutive. See form for additional details.
- Newspapers must have been published during the 2012–2013 academic school year.
- You may turn in your newspaper up to one-month late (March 15, 2013) for an extra $40, but it may not be back from the judge before the spring conference.
- The fee for this contest is $40. Please make check payable to MIPA. Please do not include any other contest fees with this check. Pay online here.
- For an additional fee of $40, the judge will annotate your newspapers for you. That means they will write on the newspapers themselves as well as fill out the evaluation booklet.
- Do not send any other contest entries in the same envelope with this contest.
- Send entries, fee and form to:
MIPA—Spartan Newspaper Evaluation
Michigan State University School of Journalism
404 Wilson Road, Room 305
East Lansing, MI 48824