Monday, April 15, 2013
9 a.m–1 p.m.
Lansing Center, downtown Lansing
We’re excited this year to offer several new contests for students, including MIPA’s first Students’ Choice Awards, where students will decide the winners by voting on MIPA’s Facebook page during the conference. Categories in MIPA’s On-Site Contests include news, photo, video, yearbook and special projects and are open to all students. Click on the links below for details.
General MIPA Contest Rules
READ CAREFULLY PLEASE: If you would like to enter your student(s) in the on-site competition, please follow these directions.
- You DO NOT NEED to pre-register for these contests, but space is limited.
- You DO NOT NEED to give students’ names.
- Entry into the contest will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each school may be limited to a certain number of entries/students/teams per category. See details for each category.
- When you register for the conference, you can register for the on-site contests on that online form.
- Please pay attention to deadlines, which are detailed along with category descriptions. Students/teams competing in on-site contests must check-in by the designated time or they will be disqualified from the competition. Entries must be submitted by the designated time or they will not be accepted for judging.
- Please Note: Most contests will be judged after the conference, and awards will be posted on the MIPA website by Monday, April 22.
- Use of copyrighted music, artwork, videos or other materials without written permission of the copyright holder may violate U.S. law and MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy. Entries that violate MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy will be disqualified.
- Editorial Writing
- Feature Writing
- News Writing
- Carry-In Contest: Sports
- Carry-In Contest: Student Life
- Carry-In Contest: Newscast
- Carry-In Contest: Feature Story
- On-Site Video Creation
- MIPA Three-Week Film Challenge
- Take-Home Contest: MIPA Spring Conference Spread
- Students’ Choice: Sports Spread
- Students’ Choice: Student Life Spread
- The project can be either created by an individual or a staff. Can include stationery, brochures, fliers, posters, logos, buttons, info graphics, programs and special editions. Can be computer generated.