2020-2021 Contest Rules & Categories
View 2020-2021 Contest Rules & Categories (Google Doc) Click to view in its own window or to print. Document is embedded below.
- Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, MIPA has established two deadlines for the Individual Category Contest.
- Yearbook categories for 2020 books: Feb. 19, 2021
- All other categories extended to March 19, 2021
Paying Entry Fees
There are several options to pay for contest entry fees. You may pay by check, purchase order or credit card.
You can pay with a credit card via PayPal within ACES, which calculates your entry fees, or use the contest entry fee payment system on MIPA’s website to generate an invoice or pay your contest bill.
Payment by checks or purchase orders should be postmarked by the submission deadline. Credit card payments should be completed by the deadline. If your school is slow to process checks or purchase orders, plan ahead. You can always pay fees before you submit your entries.
Calculate Amount Due
As long as you have uploaded entries from a single user account, the contest system will calculate all of your entries fees for you.
- Log into ACES, click on Billing in the left menu.
- Your entries will be listed by student media outlet. An amount due will be shown in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Check. Please make checks payable to MIPA. If you need a more formal invoice to process your payment, see instructions below for making a payment on MIPA’s website
- Purchase Order. You may submit an approved purchase order from your school. You may be able to print the details Billing page from ACES for documentation for your billing office. If you need a formal invoice to process your payment, see the instructions below for making a payment on MIPA’s website.
- Credit Card. You may make a payment from within ACES using the Pay Now button on the Billing page. From within ACES, you can only pay for Individual Contest Categories. You may also make a payment from MIPA’s website, where you can combine Individual Contest entry fees with critique fees or other bills.
- Combining Payment with Critique Fees or Other MIPA Charges. See directions below for making a payment on MIPA’s website.
Making a Payment or Creating an Invoice on MIPA’s Website
If you need a formal invoice for your contest entry fees, or if you wish to make a single payment for contest and critique fees (and any other charges), you may use MIPA’s website storefront to pay for your order.
- Go to MIPA’s Contest Payments page
- Add the appropriate contest or critique fees to your cart.
- Check out.
- On the Checkout/Billing Details page, if you choose “Check Payments” or “Request an Invoice/Pay via Purchase Order,” the system will email an invoice to the email address you input on this page. If you do not receive this email, contact the MIPA office.