- Submission deadline: 11:59 p.m. May 8, 2018
Students will submit one broadcast of school news, which is typical of their school news program, produced during the current academic year. Judges will view only 10 minutes of any broadcast. (If your entry is longer than 10 minutes, you may indicate on the entry form which 10-minute segment should be judged. Otherwise, judges will view from the beginning of the entry.) Students will be judged on the technical standards detailed in MIPA’s Video Best Practices and news content. For example: Does the program directly impact the school itself? This newscast must have been created in the current school year.
BEST NEWSCAST RULES
- Entry must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the contest deadline using MIPA’s online contest system.
- Entry should be uploaded via the student media adviser’s Submittable account.
- Cost: $3 per entry
- Limit 1 entry per MIPA member student media outlet.
- Entries should be uploaded to a video file sharing service or website. Submit a URL to your entry using the contest entry form.
- Entries that cannot be accessed by the judges will be disqualified. This means that if your website or third-party file sharing service goes down, or if your content is locked behind a password, we cannot judge your entries.
- Entries may be published by MIPA in its newsletter, online or via social media.
- Use of copyrighted music, artwork, videos or other materials without written permission of the copyright holder may violate U.S. law and MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy. Entries that violate MIPA’s Copyright & Plagiarism Policy will be disqualified.
- If music is used in the entry, you must indicate the source of the music.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
In the Spring Contests menu, select from one of the following two options for the category you wish to enter:
- Pay Now – You will provide credit card information for each entry you submit.
- Pay by Invoice – Submit your entry, and then request an invoice for this and other contest entries to pay together.
- Mail payment to: MIPA, MSU School of Journalism, 404 Wilson Road, Room 305, East Lansing, MI 48824
PAY ENTRY FEES
You may pay entry fees by check, purchase order or credit card.
Payment by checks or purchase orders should be postmarked by the submission deadline. Credit card payments should be completed by the deadline. If your school is slow to process checks or purchase orders, plan ahead. You can always pay fees before you submit your entries.