Get the MIPA event app on Guidebook!
Get the 2016 MIPA Fall Conference schedule on your smartphone, tablet or laptop. The MIPA app on Guidebook is the best way to stay up to date on schedule changes and to save your own schedule.
The app also includes venue maps, lunch suggestions for students and more.
2016 Fall Conference to feature Pulitzer winners
Join MIPA, the Michigan Humanities Council and the Pulitzer Prizes Board as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Pulitzer Prizes at the 2016 MIPA Fall Conference on Monday, Oct. 24.
The conference will be held at the Lansing Center in downtown Lansing. Programming is scheduled to run from 9 a.m.-2:10 p.m.
The event will also feature a College Journalism and Media Fair, with representatives of collegiate media and journalism programs from across the state.
About the Event
Immerse yourself in journalism on Monday, Oct. 24, at the 2016 MIPA Fall Conference! Join nearly 2,000 student journalists and media advisers from across the state to learn from top journalism educators and professional journalists. Pick from nearly 80 breakout sessions to help you hone your skills in writing, editing, photography, video, yearbook, design, social media AND MORE!
- Get the event program on your smartphone
- Download our 1-page grid (PDF) Please note: This is a draft document and will change.
- Need a sample schedule for your field trip request? Get the 2015 schedule
- Information for Sponsors & Vendors
- Reserve a table at the MIPA College Journalism & Media Fair
- Lunch Options for Students
- Lansing Center Parking/Student Drop-off & Pickup
- FAQ: MIPA Conferences & Events
- PLEASE REVIEW: MIPA conference, workshop and event policies
- Breakout Sessions: 9 – 9:45
- Pulitzer Super Session: 9:55 – 10:25
- Breakout Sessions: 10:35 – 11:20
- Lunch: 11:20 – 12:30
- Breakout Sessions: 12:30 – 1:15
- Breakout Sessions: 1:25 – 2:10
Please note: This is a slightly altered schedule from last year, with a shorter lunch and running slightly later.
MIPA offers more than 20 different sessions during breakout times.
- $12 per student (MIPA members)
- $14 per student (non-members)
- $25 per member adviser (includes lunch); $12 without lunch
- $30 per non-member adviser (includes lunch); $14 without lunch
- Save $1 per student when you pre-pay by Oct. 18
- Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations must be received by Oct. 21 to receive a refund
Monday, Oct. 24, 2016
9 a.m.-2:10 p.m.
333 E. Michigan Avenue
Lansing, Michigan 48833
Please review our event policies. It is understood that by the act of registering students for an event, advisers assume responsibility for their students’ behavior and well-being during a MIPA activity.
Bring copies of your newspaper and yearbook to exchange with other student media outlets! For Newspapers: We’ll have a table set up near the registration desk where you can put newspapers out to share. For Yearbooks: Bring up to three copies of your book and trade them for the same number of yearbooks from other schools. You’ll give your books to us when when you check in and pick up copies of other books after lunch.
Bring copies of your newspaper, current yearbook work or a flash drive of your video production to the MIPA Fall Conference for a critique. You’ll meet with a media professional or with an adviser who has built a reputation of excellence in scholastic journalism. Critiques are scheduled by appointment. Check back here for information on how to sign up online ahead of the conference, or register when you check in for remaining critique spots.
When you arrive at the Fall Conference, check-in at the critique area near the Registration desk to confirm or schedule your appointment.