You’re invited to attend the 16th annual Middle School Journalism Conference sponsored by Michigan Interscholastic Press Association. We want to offer you a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other yearbook and newspaper advisers. In addition, your students will enjoy the interactive sessions and go back to school motivated and excited. Speakers will be professionals from the area and knowledgeable student media advisers from around Michigan. And enter student work in the contest! Awards ceremony is at the end of the morning.
- Enter the Middle School Carry-In Contest
- VIEW THE EVENT SCHEDULE and get the 2018-19 MIPA Guide app for your smartphone!
- Scheduled Sessions (PDF) Attendees are provided an updated program with session descriptions upon arrival.
- Conference worksheet for students (PDF) included on the back of the schedule students receive upon arrival
- Directions and Parking for the MSU Union
- Lunch: MSU Union Food Court
- FAQs about MIPA events
- PLEASE REVIEW: MIPA conference, workshop and event policies
- $8 per student or adviser (MIPA members)
- $9 per student or adviser (non-members)
- Save $1 per student when you pre-pay by Nov. 8
- Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations must be received by Nov. 8 to receive a refund
Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018
Registration opens: 8 a.m.
Opening Session: 9-9:30 a.m.
Breakout Sessions: 9:40-10:15 a.m.
Breakout Sessions: 10:25-11 a.m.
Breakout Sessions: 11:10-11:45 a.m.
Michigan State University Union
49 Abbot Road
East Lansing, MI 48824
Directions & Parking
Please review our event policies. It is understood that by the act of registering students for an event, advisers assume responsibility for their students’ behavior and well-being during a MIPA activity.