9 a.m. to 1 p.m
333 E. Michigan Ave.
Lansing, Michigan 48933
- $11 per student (MIPA members)
- $13 per student (non-members)
- $25 per adviser (includes lunch)
- Late Fee: Add $1 per student and $5 per adviser for all registrations not paid in full by 5 p.m. April 9 (including on-site registration)
Can’t Come to the Conference, But Want Your Awards Mailed To You? Use this form to pay for postage
Coming to the Conference?
- Remember to arrive before 9 a.m. That’s when the awards begin, and students participating in on-site contests must be checked in!
- Click above for parking information.
- Involved in the on-site contests? Read the rules by clicking on the appropriate link above.
- Bring copies of your newspapers to share with other participants.
- Got a staff T-shirt? Wear it!
MIPA’s annual Spring Conference is focused on awards — lots of awards! Most students will meet for the exciting awards presentation in the morning, while others will take part in the On-Site Contests.
We’re excited about celebrating journalism and presenting awards to Michigan students.
Enjoy watching all of the awards MIPA will be presenting in the morning. They include Individual Category Contests for yearbook, newspaper, new media and video production; Golden Pen; MIPA’s all-state Student Journalist Staff and All-MIPA!
Awards will continue in the afternoon and we’ll end with the Spartan Awards presentation.
Enter On-Site Contests. Sign your students up for the contests! On-Site Contest winners will be announced on the MIPA website after the event. Pay for On-Site Contests when you register.
Take advantage of our three-week video competition where students will shoot video on an announced topic for three weeks before the conference. See details on our On-Site Video Contests page.
And we’ve redesigned all of our yearbook on-site contests! Take part in the Students’ Choice Awards and vote for your favorite entries!
See winning videos produced by MIPA member schools. Learn more about summer opportunities.
Advisers, meet up with your adviser friends during the adviser luncheon and network with others throughout the day. The annual MIPA business meeting will take place at the luncheon. Students have lunch on their own.
Please note: We cannot give refunds after April 5.