About the Event
Immerse yourself in journalism and media on Monday, Oct. 22, at the 2018 MIPA Fall Conference! Join nearly 2,000 student journalists and media advisers from across the state to learn from top journalism educators and professional journalists. Pick from nearly 80 breakout sessions to help you hone your skills in writing, editing, photography, video, yearbook, design, social media AND MORE!
- Featured speaker: Nationally recognized adviser Casey Nichols to speak at Fall Conference
- VIEW THE EVENT SCHEDULE and get the 2018-19 MIPA Guide app for your smartphone!
- Schedule at a glance – We will have an updated version of this 1-page schedule for students upon arrival.
- Information for Sponsors & Vendors
- Reserve a table at the MIPA College Journalism & Media Fair
- Lunch Options for Students
- Lansing Center Parking/Student Drop-off & Pickup
- FAQ: MIPA Conferences & Events
- PLEASE REVIEW: MIPA conference, workshop and event policies
- Breakout Sessions: 9 – 9:45
- Breakout Sessions: 9:55 – 10:40
- Breakout Sessions: 10:50 – 11:35
- Lunch: 11:35 – 1
- Breakout Sessions: 1– 1:45
MIPA offers more than 20 different sessions during breakout times.
Spartan Level Sponsors
- The Argus-Press
- Balfour Yearbooks
- Herff Jones
- Michigan Association of Broadcasters
- MIPA Summer Journalism Workshop at Michigan State University
- SNO Sites
- Walsworth Yearbooks
- Reserve your exhibitor space
Scheduled College Journalism & Media Fair Participants
- Central Michigan University
- Department of Journalism
- CM Life
- Ferris State University
- Journalism and Technical Communication
- The Torch
- Grand Valley State University
- Michigan State University
- School of Journalism
- Impact 89 FM radio
- Media Sandbox
- Washtenaw Community College
- Reserve a table in the college fair area
- $13 per student (MIPA members)
- $15 per student (non-members)
- $25 per member adviser (includes lunch); $13 without lunch
- $30 per non-member adviser (includes lunch); $15 without lunch
- $50 per person general admission
- Save $1 per student when you pre-pay by Oct. 15
- Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations must be received by Oct. 15 to receive a full refund
Monday, Oct. 22, 2018
9 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
333 E. Michigan Avenue
Lansing, Michigan 48833
Please review our event policies. It is understood that by the act of registering students for an event, advisers assume responsibility for their students’ behavior and well-being during a MIPA activity.
Bring copies of your newspaper and yearbook to exchange with other student media outlets! For Newspapers: We’ll have a table set up near the registration desk where you can put newspapers out to share. For Yearbooks: Bring up to three copies of your book and trade them for the same number of yearbooks from other schools. You’ll give your books to us when when you check in and pick up copies of other books after lunch.
Bring copies of your newspaper, current yearbook work or a flash drive of your video production to the MIPA Fall Conference for a critique. You’ll meet with a media professional or with an adviser who has built a reputation of excellence in scholastic journalism. Critiques are scheduled by appointment. Sign up online here ahead of the conference, or register when you check in for remaining critique spots.
When you arrive at the Fall Conference, check-in at the critique area near the Registration desk to confirm or schedule your appointment.